- Measuring progress toward the NDC should not start from scratch, but instead build upon existing national systems and processes for measuring and reporting greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and other relevant information.
- What is already working well in your country in terms of reporting to the UNFCCC? Do you have clear mandates or legal instruments in place? Do the right institutions have the training and skills for monitoring and reporting?
- Does your country already have a suitable system in place for NDC implementation? Are there any “upgrades” to the system that you are planning?
- Do you already have a system or process in place for capturing sub-national progress?
- With respect to mitigation targets, are there any issues on which you would like to have specific guidance on measuring and reporting?
- Many countries included adaptation in their NDC. What key information are you planning to collect on adaptation for NDC reporting purposes?
- Is any mechanism being considered to streamline and/or align tracking and reporting of data for NDCs and the SDGs? If not, what are the key barriers that you anticipate to linking progress efforts on the Paris Agreement and Agenda 2030?
Go back to Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) and Implementation of the Paris Agreement